Robot Building
- Thor v2 : The hammer is now placed on the side, and wheels have been replaced. (last week version)
- Thor v3 : Similar to the last one, except that hammer is now hold better, so accuracy has increased a lot.
Camera : Get a picture
This week I wanted to see how the program was going to request pictures from the camera.
Firstly, I planned to use LTI-CIVIL Java library that enables requesting pictures from USB media devices.
However, as the Edimax camera used is a network camera, it is not detected by the library, so I searched something else.
And so after configuring the camera on the local network of the laptop, I realized that it's going to be a lot easier with it.
Indeed, the camera sets direct snapshots on the network ( at the address http://cameraIP/snapshot.jpg ), so you just need the get and save an image from this URL each time you need one, before processing it.
No comments:
Post a Comment